- Newent Cycling Group has a data protection policy which is reviewed regularly. In order to help us uphold the policy, we have created the following procedures which outline ways in which we collect, store, use, amend, share, destroy and delete personal data.
- These procedures cover the main, regular ways we collect and use personal data. We may from time to time collect and use data in ways not covered here. In these cases we will ensure our Data Protection Policy is upheld.
2) General procedures
- Data will be stored securely. When it is stored electronically, it will be kept in password protected files. When it is stored online in a third party website (e.g. Spond) we will ensure the third party comply with the GDPR. When it is stored on paper it will be handled carefully and securely.
- When we no longer need data, or when someone has asked for their data to be deleted, it will be deleted securely. We will ensure that data is permanently deleted from computers, and that paper data is shredded.
- We will keep records of consent given for us to collect, use and store data. These records will be stored securely.
3) Membership Data
- The following information will be collected from the application form when an application for membership is made:
Address and Post Code
Home and Mobile Telephone Numbers
Emergency Contact Name
Emergency Contact Telephone Numbers
Any additional information to be shared with ride leaders
- Application for membership may be made by submitting the application form electronically from the website or by post to the Treasurer.
- When people join the Newent Cycling Group we will explain how their details will be used, how they will be stored, and that they may ask to be removed from the membership list at any time. By joining the club the individual gives consent for this data to be held by the group and used in accordance with group policy.
- The Treasurer will hold a list of all members of the club and their contact details extracted from the membership application forms. This will be used to issue annual membership renewal reminders. This information will be held securely and will not be shared.
- When people join the Newent Cycling Group we will explain how their details will be used, how they will be stored, and that they may ask to be removed from these lists at any time.
- We will only use this information to communicate with the membership about events, such as meetings and rides, organised by the group.
- The individual will be able to choose to receive event notifications and messages from Spond by email or by using the Spond application.
- The individual is responsible for informing the Treasurer of any changes to their personal information.
4) Informal Communications
- Individuals may opt to join WhatsApp groups used by the group to communicate with other members. By joining these group members are accepting the data protection and privacy policies of WhatsApp.
- Newent Cycling Group will not use personal information provided by an individual to WhatsApp for any purpose.
- The group has a Community Group page on Facebook and this will be used to announce events and to share photographs taken on rides. Riders will not be identified by name and no personal information will be published.
5) Contacting committee members
- The committee need to be in contact with one another in order to run the organisation effectively and ensure its legal obligations are met.
- Committee contact details will be shared amongst the committee.
- Committee members will not share each other’s contact details with anyone outside of the committee, or use them for anything other than Newent Cycling Group business, without explicit consent.
These procedures will be reviewed every two years.
Date: 3rd November 2021
Approved (Chair): George Price (acting)
Approved (Secretary): Tish Rickard
Web Page updated: 2nd March 2022