Terms of Membership
- All cyclists ride at their own risk.
- Normal common sense plus Highway Code rules apply to all cyclists on all of our rides.
- Members must show consideration to other road users, especially horses.
- It is strongly recommended that members wear a cycle helmet.
- Due to the current pandemic, Members are expected to follow any current Covid regulations and restrictions, including face masks (where required) and social distancing.
- Under 16s must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- The rides are not on planned or waymarked routes. They are just social rides on public roads (although we use quiet roads where possible). Routes may be decided on the day among those who turn up.
- Newent Cycling Group are affiliated to Cycling UK which gives us Organisers’ Liability insurance cover of up to £10 million to protect ride organisers and volunteer ride leaders against any claims made against them. A condition of our affiliation is that cyclists who join a ride must be members of Newent Cycling Group.
- Membership does not include Third Party Personal Indemnity Insurance and it is recommended that you have personal insurance cover. This can be obtained by joining organisations such as Cycling UK or British Cycling or even through your own household insurance. As member of a group affiliated to Cycling UK you are also able to obtain Third Party Insurance with Cycling UK. Without insurance you could be liable if, for example, you rode into a car or caused an accident through negligent cycling.
Click to download our constitution.
Newent Cycling Group are affiliated to Cycling UK, formerly known as the CTC, the national cycling charity.
Why join Cycling UK?
You may also like to consider joining Cycling UK individually.
Benefits of joining CTC include:
- £10m Third party insurance cover – Protects you on and off-road, including Sportives and Time trialling
- CTC Incident line – Legal team ready to support you in the event of an accident
- Campaigning for cycling – CTC fights for local and national cycling issues
- Supporting our cycling projects – Helping to get 1000s of people cycling every year
- Cycling News and features – Award-winning ‘Cycle’ magazine and weekly e-newsletter
- Rides and events – A warm welcome at over 600 Cycling groups and 1000s of cycle events
- Bike and cycling product advice – Reviews, features and advice from everyday cyclists
- Routes, competitions and ideas to help you get the most from your cycling
- Discounts offered by 100s of cycle and outdoor shops across the country
- Access to CTC Cycling Holidays and Tours
- Access to specially tailored cycle theft, and specific cycling travel insurance